• 08:00 am - 6:00 pm

New German WWII Records Added | Fold3 HQ

Researching German WWII soldiers can be tricky because many service records were destroyed during the war. 1939, the High Command of the German Weacht began operating an information center for war casualties and prisoners of war. Initially, the agency was called WASt (short for Weachtsauskunftstelle für Kriegsverluste und Kriegsgefangene).

Read More

german soldier | Nova Skin

explore origin 0 Base skins used to create this skin. find derivations Skins created based on this one. Find skins like this: almost equal very similar quite similar - Skins that look like this but with minor edits. Select a resourcepack project. Create new project Start a new empty local resource pack. show randomobs. comments powered by Disqus.

Read More

German Military/Names | Call of Duty Wiki | Fandom

The introduction of unscripted battlechatter in Call of Duty 2 meant that German soldiers could now be given a rank and name combination in the same manner as Allied soldiers were in preceding titles. German soldiers have a 60% chance to be a Private, 20% chance to be a Corporal, and a 20% chance to be a Sergeant. Leister Meyer Roser Shreckengost

Read More

Surname List - Records Search - German Genealogy Group

The German Genealogy Group (GGG) Surname List is a compilation of the surnames submitted by members of the GGG. It may be used to contact other members who are interested in the same surnames or geographic regions (directly contacting other members of the GGG is a Members Only feature).

Read More

The main German helmets of the World War 2

German helmet (Stahlhelm) M40. In 1940 an M35 model was updated and got the name M40. The main difference was the use of a cheaper manganese instead of molly as an alloy addition, which impaired steel properties a little. To cheapen the process of production, ventilation holes were stamped, not made of separate details (as it was in M35).

Read More

Former German Soldier Helps Restore Greek Monastery ...

A letter sent by a former German soldier helped spur the restoration of Agios Dionysios Monastery on Mount Olympus which had been destroyed by the Nazis during WWII. It was one day in 1996 when prior Maximos of the New Monastery of Agios Dionysios received a letter from Germany addressed to him by an unknown sender named Karl Faber.

Read More

Germany, World War I Casualty Lists, 1914-1919

Information for each individual can include surname, rank, birth date and place, occupation, parents' names, and much more. German Casualties in the Franco-Prussian War, 1870-1871. This database contains 248 lists of German army officers and soldiers who either died, were injured, or went missing during the Franco-Prussian War.

Read More

Research German Military Records (WW2 German Soldier ...

19 German Officer & Knights Cross Holder Biographies. The following two biographical …

Read More

Milo - Baby Name Meaning, Origin, and Popularity | Nameberry

The name Milo is a boy's name of German origin meaning "soldier or merciful". Milo is most commonly considered to be Germanic name derived from the Latin word miles, meaning "soldier." However, there is evidence to suggest it also may have independently spawned from the Slavic root milu, meaning "merciful."

Read More

EA apologizes for naming German soldier with name of an ...

EA made a bit of a mistake in Battlefield V they accidentally named a German soldier after a real-life resistance hero. The character name has been changed.

Read More

Category:German military personnel of World War II - …

German prisoners of war in World War II‎ (5 C, 176 P) German World War II pilots‎ (2 C, 80 P) K. German military personnel killed in World War II‎ (1 C, 725 P) Kriegsmarine personnel of World War II‎ (42 P) L. Legion of French Volunteers Against Bolshevism personnel‎ (6 P)

Read More

germany - Finding information on German soldiers from ...

They contain names, places of births and complete or incomplete (just day and month) birth dates. The names are listed according to the soldier's units, so if your ancestor was killed or injured, was missing in action or became a POW, you can reconstruct where he was fighting and which unit he was a member of around this time.

Read More

soldier translation in German | English-German dictionary ...

A failed soldier, barely literate. Ein gescheiterter Soldat, der kaum lesen kann. You too would be a soldier. Auch du, Esther, bist dann ein Krieger, glaube es mir. Interested in creating a super soldier. International, wohlhabend, daran interessiert einen Super Soldaten zu erschaffen. One German soldier is worth ten Frenchmen.

Read More

Category:German military personnel of World War I - …

A Hugo von Abercron Joseph Friedrich Abert Richard Ackermann Prince Adalbert of Bavaria (1886–1970) Stefan Adamczak Friedrich Adler (artist) Kurt Agricola Hans von Ahlfen Paul Oswald Ahnert Erich Akt Hans Albers Wilhelm Albert (SS officer) Albrecht, Duke of Württemberg Herbert Albrecht Karl Allmendinger Peter Altmeier Friedrich Altrichter

Read More

Why were Germans called 'Jerry' in WWI? - Quora

Answer (1 of 19): Brits, by and large, will always shorten any name or adjective with more than one syllable to an even shorter name or word, and especially if that name can be mocked. The word Jerry didn't quite encapsulate the hatred of everyday Brits for …

Read More

Germany Military Records • FamilySearch

The German Federal Archive, known in German as Bundesarchiv, may hold key information about the German soldier you are researching. To access information from this archive, you will need to fill out two forms: the Benutzungsantrag (here is an English version for reference) and the form Order for Person-Related Research.Then fax or mail the forms to the …

Read More

WWII German Handwriting - In Trenches

WWII German Handwriting. The type of handwriting used by German soldiers and civilians during WWII was different from modern American handwriting. To shed some light on how people wrote in that place and time, I will provide some historical background, and then show some typical examples.

Read More

German Soldier | Minecraft Skins

1941 German sniper on eastern front w... German machine gunbelt squad me... German Weacht Soldier (Helmet Ver.... Holy Roman Empire German Nation Kn... German White Uniform / Uniforme... Late WWI German Desert Infantry (S... German Afrika Korps LT GEN - …

Read More

German Genealogy -- Military Records

National German Military Grave Registration Service - This organization maintains a database of more than 2 million names of missing and dead German soldiers from both World Wars. You can search this database online or write to them for assistance.

Read More

What is the meaning behind the German military song Erika ...

Answer (1 of 2): "What is the meaning behind the German military song Erika?" "Erika" is both a common German name and the German word for heather, a common German wildflower. Erika is the German spelling of the English name Erica. The Latin word erica means "heath" or "broom". It is bel...

Read More

German Name Generator • The ULTIMATE Bank of 50,000+ Names

German Character Name Generator. There's much more to German names than Hansel and Gretel. If you're looking for German names, this German name generator is built to be a starting point! Each name is computer-generated and we encourage you to do further research on naming traditions and meanings for your exact region. Random.

Read More

Prussian Military Records - WorldGenWeb

Monographs 1 through 12 of the German-American Genealogical Research Series." McNeal, Ariz.: Westland Publishing, 1983. This index lists only the soldier's surname and the series number of the monogrpah where information about the soldier can be found. Each monograph is individually indexed. The monograph normally lists the soldier's name, rank ...

Read More